Waters Construction Company is seeking a multi-faceted controller for our medium sized construction company.
On average each year, we do sales in the 35 to 40 million dollar range. Our employee count is between 50 and 100. Our current controller is retiring after 25 successful years.
As the controller, this individual will be responsible for:
- Accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial information
- The historical cost data that will be used by both the paving and highway divisions to make strategic decisions.
- Managing the cash flow of the company daily
- Paying taxes
- Regulatory reporting for all our public agency clients and unions
- Managing the accounting staff; tasked with accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable
- Managing the purchasing of insurance and the insurance audits
- Being thoroughly familiar with the use of financial software. (Preferably Sage 300)
- This person will manage any audits by outside CPA firms, state agencies and labor unions
This person will need a deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, in particular how they apply to medium size companies.
We will require that the candidate have as a minimum a college degree in accounting.
Furthermore, the candidate will need a minimum of seven years’ experience as either an auditor at an accounting firm and/or as a staff accountant at a larger organization.
The individual will need to be both a leader to their accounting staff and a trusted advisor to the operational side of the company. Good communication skills both up and down the hierarchy of the organization is a must.
Given the position managing the cash of the company this person needs to be exceedingly trustworthy, truthful and honest. Furthermore, this individual needs to have an ability and enjoyment for extreme accuracy.
The willingness to be a team player is an absolute must!
Salary range is $120,000 to $140,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Medical insurance, 401K and profit sharing (after one year vesting period).
Waters is looking for an individual to grow with the company. This individual will work congruently with the president and help to provide further growth. The intention for this position it to grow into a position with influence in the company for years to come.
|Job Category||Waters Construction Company|