Paving Division Intern
A Waters Construction intern will be hand selected based on their qualifications. During their time in the Waters Internship program their abilities and functions will increase as a direct result of the training in the office and hands on experience in the field.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or business.
- Has proven good communications skills; both oral and written
- Is organized: uses both computerized and manual filing system efficiently. Takes good notes.
- Is very familiar with Geometry and Algebra.
- Has very basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Taught to find paving projects through publications, other customer leads, cold calling, and face to face meetings.
- How to follow-up on leads (1-2 days)
- Steps of paving sales, from product information to closing the deal and eventually fully satisfy customer’s needs and questions. This training will mostly take place in the field.
- Will be trained to either measure a project in the field or create a sketch for the estimator or use various on screen take off software to create quantity take off.
- Will be trained to use “OnSite” quantity take off software to complete a quantity take-off from engineered drawings.
- Will be trained to promptly follow all submitted bids, is willing and able to answer customer questions
- Will spend time with our marketing director to understand how marketing can add value to the sales department of our organization
- Will be trained to use Microsoft word to write proposals, and send them through outlook.
- Will be trained to store and retrieve files on the network.
- Might participate in productivity and efficiency studies if such studies are undertaken during intern’s term at Waters Internship program.
|Job Category||Waters Construction Internship Program|