Project Engineer Intern Roadwork/Sitework Division
A Waters Construction Intern will be selected based on their qualifications during their time in the Waters Construction Internship program their abilities and functions will increase as a direct result of the training in the office and hands on experience in the field.
- Pursuing a college degree in engineering.
- Has proven good communications skills both oral and written
- Is organized: uses both computerized and manual filing system efficiently. Takes good notes.
- Is very familiar with Euclidean geometry, algebra, trigonometry and surveying.
- Has basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive work in Microsoft office programs and company electronic filing system
- Will work directly for Project manager, estimator or superintendent.
- Taught stationing, cross-sections and profiles.
- Efficiently trained to do accurate take-off for road and site-work projects (no vertical structures).
- Introduction to bid set up on HCSS. (Bid quantities only)
- Educated in the HCSS Vendor/Business contact, the Blue Book and the Internet to solicit bids from subcontractors.
- Will learn to understand subcontractor needs and follow through to provide needed information.
- Will be trained to find specification information from contract documents ( DOT 816/817, special provisions, architect specifications)
- Learn DOT specs form 816/817
- Will be trained in the different methods of payment between unit price work and lump sum work.
- If supervised, will fill out purchase orders and subcontractor agreements.
- Assist superintendent in scheduling subs, materials, trucks and manpower
- Assist superintendent in co-ordination with utilities
- Will begin to understand computerized project scheduling
- Will be trained in using our document management system
- Initiate and follow submittals, material certificates, shop drawings etc.
|Job Category||Waters Construction Internship Program|