A Safety Intern will be required to have certain qualifications and will be trained to perform as many of the functions in this list as can be taught during the intern’s term at our company. The training will encompass both in office work coupled with site visits and direct interaction with field superintendents:
- Pursuing a college degree in safety
- Has good communications skills both oral and written
- Is organized: uses both computerized and manual filing system efficiently. Takes good notes
- Will be introduced to all aspects of Waters’ safety policy including all OSHA standards.
- Will be trained to perform field inspections of company projects
- Will be trained on how to inform superintendents when employees and/or subcontractors have violated safety policies.
- Will be trained to monitor the submittal by superintendents and foremen of tool box talks and weekly inspection sheets
- Will be trained on how to fill out accident report investigation and insures timely submission of all information to insurer.
- Will be coached on how to have a professional working relationship with employees and subcontractors
- Will be trained on how to perform inspection of garage
- Will be trained on road inspections of Waters vehicles.
- Keeps the safety of Waters employees as its #1 priority
|Job Category||Waters Construction Internship Program|